Friday, October 21, 2011

Focus on meaning - it dominates all perception


I have decided to focus on comprehension by looking at meaning during assisted reading sessions.

I used a filmed reading session that I shot several years ago and captured some stills to show more explicitly what was happening in the video. The screen captures were then emailed to my iPad and converted to carton images using the ToonPAINT app. The image was then transferred to the ComicStrip app and made into a cartoon with captions added.

I wanted to show that meaning dominates all perception and often the deciding factor when deciding whether or not to give a prompt during a guided reading session.


It would be good to get some feedback on this toon as it is my first attempt - does it make sense?

3 comments:

  1. To make the cartoon I followed the instructions at
    http://teachwithyouripad.wikispaces.com/Creating+a+Graphic+Novel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good. It was easy to understand and reveal alot of info without being too complicated.

    ReplyDelete